Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Momma's

My mom and I have been through a lot together in the past three years. She's been my support and my rock as I've entered motherhood, and I like to think I've been there to help her a lot after loosing my dad. My mom was the kind of mom that always had a square meal on the table everynight. Meat, starch, green veg and a yellow veg! A lot of my recipes come from her simply because her cooking is what I grew up with and it's comfort food. One of my faves, and one she made for us after Timmy was born is her Italian chicken. I have no idea where she got the recipe, but it's good. It's on the menu for tomorrow night, so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

4 boneless skinless chicken boobs pounded out to an even thickness
1/2 Cup of italian bread crumbs mixed with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of olive oil heating in a large skillet over medium hot(ish) heat

Dredge chicken boobs in the mix of bread crumb and cheese. Fry in the skillet until both sides are a nice crispy brown. Remove and put on a baking sheet. I finish them in the oven 300 for about 20 mins.

1 box of multi colored linguini noodles~ boil them until they are al dente
then toss with some evoo to coat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley

I like to use fresh green beans with this meal. I snap the ends off and steam them on the stove top until they are just cooked but still crispy. In a serving bowl I toss them with some evoo and garlic powder and top with sliced almonds.

Of course to make this truly my mother's meal it must be served with freshly made sweet tea. :)
Lots of love with this recipe!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. This is going to our dinner for tonite. Thank you so much for posting - i can't wait for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete